Apparently I'm not the first person to think that this is a logical combination

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Update from Borlänge

Well it's been a while, but I've finally managed to find a computer that allows me to upload pictures from my camera!


Almost more than anything else, this clown (advertising GB Glace ice cream products) represents Sweden for me.  He's everywhere!  And I don't think the logo has changed since at least the 60s.  I saw a documentary made in 1969 and it was exactly the same!


View of Helsingborg.  It was incredibly windy that day.  I almost couldn't hold up my camera.

At Hovs Hallar, playing chess with myself.  I guess I'm trying to figure out how to set up the pieces.

Hovs Hallar - lots of great rocks and trails all along the beach.

Another picture of the beach at Hovs Hallar.  The people in it give an idea of the scale.  Some of the cliffs were huge!

A homecooked meal of pasta, zuchinni, tomatos and "fiskebullar" in a creamy dill sauce.  The fishballs come in a can.  Maybe not so classy, but tasty!

View looking down "Avenyn" in Göteborg, a famous (and touristy) street that's popular to walk down.

Looking a little wind-blown on Vrångö, an island in Göteborg's archipelago.  The islands are similar to the archipelago in Stockholm, but in Göteborg the islands are much closer, and you can reach them using the city's public transit.  Picture courtesy of my friend Carles from Barcelona.

Finally, on my fourth trip to Europe, I went to a football match!  We saw Göteborg IFK play Halmstad (in Göteborg).  The teams play in "Allsvenskan", which is Sweden's highest football league.  The league is ranked 28th in the world according to UEFA, just behind Serbia and ahead of Bosnia and Herzegovina.  But as one Swedish person told me, everyone knows the league isn't good, but they love it anyways.  And it was a lot of fun!  Constant singing/chanting/dancing/drumming.  The fans really got into it.  Just what I was hoping for!


Göteborg ended up winning 3-1.  They are the blue team.

Not sure if these videos will work, and I'm also not really sure which ones they are since I can't preview them before I upload them, but they are from the football match.


View of a canal in Göteborg at dusk. 

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to rotate the picture, but I just had to post it because I've never seen anything like it.  The tall thing in the middle of the table is some kind of beer pitcher.  And there is a nozzle at the bottom where you pour out your drinks.  Crazy!
View from a hiking trail in Borlänge

3 comments:

  1. your pictures make me want to backpack around Sweden! what a summer to remember.
    njut!
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that clown! He was everywhere! Bad dreams....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know eh! Apparently he's all over the rest of Europe too.

    ReplyDelete