Apparently I'm not the first person to think that this is a logical combination

Monday 30 May 2011

BELGIUM

To visit/eat/drink:

They are called "French Fries", but originate from Belgium - deep fried twice (always) and served with mayonnaise (optional, but recommended)

Belgian Waffle

Pralines: Belgium's important contribution to the world of chocolate

How many will I be able to try?

Westvleteren Trappist Beer - brewed by monks and sold only at the abbey store to individual customers who have made reservations by telephone

Lillian Gish in The Wind (1928).  Brussel's Cinematek screens silent films with live piano music!

Not to mention the Grand Place, Mannekan Pis, EU parliament, numerous museums and parks...



10 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome trip. looking forward to reading your blogs. enjoy your adventure!!
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beer can be bought here, but last I looked for it, it cost about $40 a bottle. You may also need to be driving a car with a license plate that hasn't bought beer already for that month. Have Fun.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good Jeni. Craig won't be so far from you next week since he is going to Finland (Helsinki, business trip), so have lots of fun and we will be following you on your trip. Looks amazing!
    Big hug,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej hej Jeni! Ha roligt. Ses snart. hejdå
    //Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    That's very funny that Craig will be in Scandinavia at a similar time. Last time I was in Europe we were both in Paris at similar times!

    Jeff, I think you're write about needing a car (and license plate) to buy Westvleteren beer. But I'm surprised you can even buy it here. Their website made it seem like it was strictly prohibited to resell it. Is it at the LCBO?

    Aunt Pam, I actually understood (I think) what you wrote without using Google Translate. Maybe my Swedish isn't so bad after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad, I don't think I can edit my comments. That should be "right" not "write". Thanks for noticing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great trip. Stockholm is awesome! (Don't forget the Vasamuseet.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Nothing is worth more than this Day" Goethe

    Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen: Sounds like the adventure has started off really well. Love the comments about free alcohol on the plane. great pics even if coached by Pam. Try each beer for me :)

    Love Dad

    P.S. Jeff and I are on the edge . Van leads 3-2!

    P.S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like it didn't matter for boston. you guys must be happy!!

    ReplyDelete